GAMING CASE STUDY
CLIENTS: SONY PLAYSTATION,
CAMPAIGNS: PS4, PS VITA, DEAD ISLAND, FRIDAY THE 13TH, WORLD OF WARCRAFT
- Use a mix of in-game footage, cut scenes and live shoots to create innovative, memorable and exciting campaigns for next gen consoles, major new releases, beloved gaming franchises, and the occasional Kickstarter campaign.
- The PS4 campaign kicked off with a sponsorship partnership with ‘Marvel’s Agents of Shield’. Depicting two mysterious government agents using the PS4 and PS VITA hardware, it was a fun little series of spots that delivered the PlayStation message directly into the hearts and minds of fanboys and girls.
- What made this campaign remarkable was that we conceived, pitched, won, shot, edited and finished a six ident campaign in the grand total of seven days. It was a brutal week, but a successful one, with our ads showing the PS4 on TV for the first time ever, and they impressed Sony so much they asked us back to conceive and make standalone TV ad for the PS VITA.
- The PS VITA ad was primarily designed to educate and excite the audience about the incredible features of the next generation hand held. It was a packed thirty seconds, as the console’s features were almost too numerous and too remarkable to squeeze in, but we managed it, and we’re pretty proud of it.
- Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide were smash hit PS3 games being rebooted for the next gen PS4. Games this popular needed a powerful incentive for players to go back and re-buy something they had already owned and loved, so we created a launch and announcement trailer that positioned they game as something too beautiful to miss. Putting the astounding new graphics front and centre, we looked to make something too spectacular for any gamer to ignore.
- World of Warcraft needs no introduction as a gaming brand, but exciting new gamers still takes work. We wanted to fire up gamers and gift buyers with a seasonal campaign riffing on the traditional ‘GIVE THE GIFT OF…’ type messaging with something louder, bolder and altogether more Warcraft-ier.
- Friday the 13th was game adaptation of the iconic movie franchise, that needed to complete its funding through Kickstarter. Using some serious technical knowhow, PPC Game’s Creative Director cracked the games code enabling him to manipulate the in-game camera and created a deliciously retro, frighteningly cinematic and hugely successful game trailer. Needless to say, the game got its funding.